JULY 3RD – 15th, 2017
Only 15 people
All inclusive price.
Join Donna & other knitters and travel a small part of the country of Lithuania. Capital of all things knitting in Eastern Europe. Tour parts of the country with a tour company we have contracted with.
- Travel to Donna’s favorite knitting shop called Mezgimo Zona in Vilnuis, Lithuania
- Visit the fiber art academy
- An open air museum showing life in the old days in Lithuania
- You can participate in the Sock Knitting Championship
- Take a side trip to Riga, Latvia to visit Inese Irus Liepina’s Studio at Dzirkstini
- National Museum Textiles
- Walk around Trakai castle in Lithuania
- Tomosaitis Gallery presentation of knitting.
- Yarn shop crawl outside of the old town area in Vilnius, Lithuania
Donna is half Lithuanian and her heritage has brought her to the country of Lithuania several times. Over the past ten years, she has traveled to the country over 6 times. Rented an apartment in Lithuania for a few months and even attended the language course in the local university in Vilnius, Lithuania. It’s like a second home. Knitting is a plus. The country and it’s festivals are amazing and always filled with some sort of textiles. You just want to take it all home.
Now she wants to show everyone first had the amazing textiles in Lithuania & not by just writing a book about it.
Lithuania is a modern country with modern roads just like in the U.S. All the modern conveniences are available. Most people speak english. It will remind you of the state of Pennsylvania. It’s land, buildings, numerous lakes, cathedrals, etc.
Our tour guide will guide us throughout our travels through Lithuania. Your price includes all transfers, some meals, entrance fees, and more.