Donna Druchunas began her career as a technical writer for large corporations such as Pyxis, Hewlett Packard, Fujitsu, Top Gun Fighter Weapons School, and a few other small companies. She then worked for Medialab (a small software company) out of her home. At Medialab Donna wrote copy and manuals for software.
With over 25 years experience in technical writing, she has carried her knowledge over to the knitting world, writing patterns and developing books for fellow knitters. Her second book, Arctic Lace (about a knitting co-op in Alaska), is a smashing hit and has been in publication since 2004. After working with large knitting publishers, Donna has decided to try her hand at self-publishing. She is currently working on the Stories in Stitches knitting book series with co-author Ava Coleman. Travel has been Donna’s latest passion. She has made several trips to Western and Eastern Europe seeking out the international history of knitting.
Some of Donna’s career highlights:
- 9 Knitting books
- Audio CDs
- Knitting DVDs with Interweave
- Countless knitting articles in various periodicals
- Knitting teacher (retreats, wool markets, shops, guilds)
- Various Knit Alongs on Ravelry.com with many patterns (Ravelry: druchunas)
- Online sock knitting videos with Craftsy.com
- Translation of German knitting books to the English language
- Successful website (sheeptoshawl.com) chock full of knitting information
- Worked with knitting publishers as a tech editor
- Recently opened up a local knitting studio in her hometown
And so much more
Donna was born in New York City, but today lives in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont with my husband and three cats, who are very helpful when it comes to testing new knitting designs.
Want to pick Donna’s brain? Want to know how to self publish your book? How about learning how to be in front of a video camera? Publish your knitting patterns, articles, or books with large publishers? Learn about her failures and successes?
Attend a writing retreat, knitting retreat, knitting class, or email her today! See Donna at her home studio in Barton, Vermont (open periodically). Visit her website at sheeptoshawl.com for the latest info.
Questions? Send us an email or call 802-731-1049 & leave message.
NEKRetreats is produced by Sheep To Shawl, LLC